Friday 26 November 2010

Goldeneye 007 Muliplayer Match (Online)

Posted by Hall0606 On Friday, November 26, 2010 0 comments

Goldeneye has returned to the Wii or at least a re-imaging of the classic game on the N64. This isn’t the same game as the N64 as that was done by another company called Rare. This instalment brings the classic Goldeneye into the current era. Gone is Pierce Brosnan and in is Daniel Craig with a whole load of other changes.

The aspect I am most interested in is the multiplayer, which I have to say is fantastic. The game supports a variety of controller options including the Classic controller, GameCube controller, Nun-Chuck and Wii-mote. I stuck with the Nun-Chuck and Wii-mote setup a let me tell you it took some time to get use to it. In fact I’m still getting use to it, but at the same time it doesn’t feel like I was missing out on anything as I was doing pretty well in most multiplayer matches. Playing first person shooters on the Wii isn’t new to me I've played Metroid Prime Corruption and RedSteel before. So I wasn’t going into this a complete noob. Thankfully the game provides a variety of options to customize the controls amongst other things like dead zones, Wiimote sensitivity etc.

Modes I've played so far are Conflict, Team Conflict and Golden Gun all of which provide hours of excitement and intense shooting. Conflict and Team Conflict are basically your standard deathmatch games. Golden Gun is a variation on the Conflict game. In Golden Gun there is a single Golden Gun on the map and will provide players who have the gun in their procession with one shot kills and extra points per kill with that gun. My first few multiplayer matches were Conflict and Team Conflict games and they were very lively and entertaining. Even though I didn’t win I ranked up more EXP than anyone else in the match and still came 2nd. The game does look good and contains a range of multiplayer modes, maps and weapons to choose from. Check out the video below and enjoy my Conflict multiplayer match.

GOLDENEYE 007 Wii - CONFLICT MULTIPLAYER MATCH (ONLINE)

I haven’t played much of the single player counter-part apart from the first level and parts of the second. I have to say the first level is a very nicely done updated version of the classic Dam level. Many people thought that this would be a quick cash in, but it is not and a lot of effort has been put into this game and it shows. Just because it’s on Wii doesn’t mean it’s a terrible game. In fact being on the Wii works in this games favour as placing this on Xbox 360 or PS3 wouldn’t have gone down well when you have games such as Call Of Duty even though that’s on Wii too. Speaking of Call of Duty this game seems to take a lot from there. Such as the feel of the single player it definitely had Call Of Duty moments taken from it. I can’t put into words but you have to play it to see what I mean or at least watch a video.

Author: Hall0606
Meh!!! Bio about me what’s to know I’m a pure anime and gaming junkie nothing else matters. Never before have I ever written a gaming article, so this is pretty much a first time experience for me, so don’t blame me if things don’t turn out so good. “The Game is On” all though I’m only ever playing for fun. My favourite game genre is RPG but also enjoy First/Third person shooters, Hack and Slash and the occasional Beat ‘em up. Meh!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment