Wednesday 21 September 2011

Review: PLAY ARTS KAI: Dissidia Squall

Posted by Hall0606 On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 0 comments


PLAY ARTS KAI: Dissidia Squall

Previously I looked at the Gabranth figure of the Play Arts Kai Dissidia line and it is an awesome figure. So this time I thought I’d look the Squall figure which is my second favourite figure in this volume. 


Squall comes with his trademark gunblade weapon and two extra interchangeable hands just like Gabranth did. This version of Squall is base on his Dissdia look and as far as I know this is the second figure of Squall to be released. The original figure was part of the Final Fantasy 8 Play Arts line. Now I didn’t have one at hand so I can’t really compare the differences. The Play Arts Kai line in general has more detail and articulation in its figures compare to the past Play Arts lines. Knowing this I can safely assume that the Play Arts Kai Squall figure out does the original in every way.


The level of articulation in Squall is simple outstanding. The increased level of articulation in Squall allows him to be posed in all sorts of poses. Poses which could not be achieved easily or not at all with the older figure. Unlike Gabranth, Squall is a lot easier to bend into the poses you want. Reason being Gabranth’s joint movements are limited in some places because of his armour.

The attention to detail doesn’t stop with articulation as just as much time and consideration has also gone into the look of the figure as well. Starting with the face, which looks great and is a very excellent likeness to the video game character. 
 

The same attention has also gone into the cloths the character wears. One of the best things about Squall is the gunblade he comes with, truly awesome. The Sword is the right size for the figure; it has the little details on the sword itself and also the little chain that hangs off the base end of the sword. 


As far as I can see no details have been sacrificed and this is a very worthwhile figure for anyone looking for a Squall figure or any figure collector. 



FINAL OPINION: AWESOME / MUST BUY

Author: Hall0606
Meh!!! Bio about me what’s to know I’m a pure anime and gaming junkie nothing else matters. Never before have I ever written a gaming article, so this is pretty much a first time experience for me, so don’t blame me if things don’t turn out so good. “The Game is On” all though I’m only ever playing for fun. My favourite game genre is RPG but also enjoy First/Third person shooters, Hack and Slash and the occasional Beat ‘em up. Meh!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment