Wednesday 7 August 2013

#70201 LEGO Legend of Chima: Chi Eris Ultra build figure set Review

Posted by Hall0606 On Wednesday, August 07, 2013 0 comments





As I mentioned in my review of Chi Razor I have become very fond of these Lego Bionicle/ Hero Factory ultra build style figures. Recently I picked three figures from the Legend of Chima set as they very good looking figures.


The Eris figure is much like the Razor figure with a few noticeable differences. Firstly Eris has a completely different head mold, which looks really good. Secondly the colour scheme is very different from Razor with more whites, blues and gold’s. The Eris character is based on an eagle much like Razor was based on a crow. With the colour scheme and head mold combined Eris is a very incredible looking hero character. I have to give credit to the overall body mold as with just a few changes you either have a great looking hero character or a fantastic looking villain character.

 
Eris weapon of choice is a very good looking axe the fits the character nicely. Interestingly enough the blade pieces of the axe are the same pieces that are used for Razor’s scythes. I find it pretty cool how these ultra builds reuse pieces for different uses and/or parts. I truly love the colour scheme of this figure it along with the head mold makes it a good looking hero character. The dominant white mixed with blue and gold makes the figure stand out a little and with the head mold makes it different enough from Razor.   


Just like Razor this figure is easy to put together and can be done within 10 to 15 minutes. As for the articulation of the figure (as if you don’t already know) is the same as Razor’s, so nothing different here. Personally I have no real issues with figure articulation and I’ve been to perform many different poses with the figure.

So now for the bad, well there aren’t very many truly horribly bad things to say. If you have watched an episode of legend of chima (like I did before reviewing this) then you’ll notice that Eris ultra build figure head mold looks nothing like Eris. In the series Eris is a female character and the figure we have here looks very much like a very dominant male eagle type character. Now don’t get me wrong the figure as it is great, but if you’re looking for a ultra build figure that looks like its TV counterpart you’re not going to find it here. With this figure being the exact same mold as the Razor figure it has the same issue with the back. My gripe which you can see in one of the pictures is the back of the figure is pretty much left open. I mean there is nothing there. Whereas the front looks great the back just looks unfinished. A simple back piece would have been nice to cover that up like they did with some of the other figures in this set.


With only two minor gripes this figure is still a great figure and my final conclusion is no different to the Razor figure.  I love the white, blue and gold colour scheme and Eris looks like a great hero character. There is plenty of articulation and the figure doesn’t take long to put together. Any fan of these types of Lego build figures should look at picking these Legends of Chima figures up. They are pretty cheap to buy and at just £10 per figure you can’t really go wrong with them. Oh did I mention also that these figures can also be combined to create a somewhat powered up or fusion type character. 




 FINAL OPINION: AWESOME


Author: Hall0606
Meh!!! Bio about me what’s to know I’m a pure anime and gaming junkie nothing else matters. Never before have I ever written a gaming article, so this is pretty much a first time experience for me, so don’t blame me if things don’t turn out so good. “The Game is On” all though I’m only ever playing for fun. My favourite game genre is RPG but also enjoy First/Third person shooters, Hack and Slash and the occasional Beat ‘em up. Meh!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment