Friday 5 February 2016

One Punch Man: Anime Thoughts

Posted by Hall0606 On Friday, February 05, 2016 0 comments


When I first heard of One Punch Man I wasn’t entirely interested. I mean a person that defeats his enemies with one punch doesn’t sound thrilling. On top of that I after seeing screenshots of the anime it just looked like another dopey anime. Then I saw a video on YouTube of a fight scene it looked great. Turns out that anime fight scene was from One Punch Man, so I had to go check it out.

The story takes place in the fictional Japanese metropolis of City Z. The world is full of strange monsters that mysteriously appear and cause disasters. Saitama, the protagonist, is an incredibly powerful hero who can easily defeat the monsters or other villains with a single punch. However, due to his overwhelming strength, Saitama has become bored with his powers and is constantly trying to find stronger opponents who can present a challenge to him.

Saitama
Genos
I’ve only seen 6 episodes One Punch Man so far and I’m enjoying very much. Yes it is crazy, dopey and over the top but that what makes it good. In fact One Punch Man is an anime that I’m 100% hoping that the villain wins before they meet there inevitable end. There are three things I could say about One Punch Man that makes it such a great anime to watch. Firstly the animation is one the best animated anime I’ve seen in a long time. The animation is crisp, clean, and nicely. Secondly its dopiness is also what makes this anime work. From the first episode this anime had me laughing from the crab in under pants to the kid with a very weird chin. All the way down to Saitama who has this dopey bored facial expression on his face one moment and an ass kicking face the next. Third most important to me the fight scenes especially the ones that involve Genos who brings in a lot of flashy looking fight scenes. This goes along with my first point about the animation the fights are just fantastically animated I find myself watching some of those fights over and over again especially the fight between Saitama and Genos.

I don’t have much else to say as I’m still watching the anime, but from what I have seen so far it’s an anime that’s worth watching and my just be one the best anime of recent times.

Author: Hall0606
Meh!!! Bio about me what’s to know I’m a pure anime and gaming junkie nothing else matters. Never before have I ever written a gaming article, so this is pretty much a first time experience for me, so don’t blame me if things don’t turn out so good. “The Game is On” all though I’m only ever playing for fun. My favourite game genre is RPG but also enjoy First/Third person shooters, Hack and Slash and the occasional Beat ‘em up. Meh!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment