Saturday 3 August 2013

#70205 LEGO Legend of Chima: Chi Razor Ultra build Review

Posted by Hall0606 On Saturday, August 03, 2013 0 comments



Chi Razor
Recently I have become very fond of these Lego Bionicle/ Hero Factory ultra build style figures. They’re pretty cool looking, have a lot of articulation, and are great to pose with. Now I know nothing about the Legend of Chima characters, setting, TV show etc. However after quickly growing fond of the Hero factory figures (another series which I know nothing about) I found these figures to be equally as interesting.
Razor looking down upon his foe Eris.
Twin red Scythes for the win.
Out of the three figures I picked up Chi Razor was one of the first. Simply because I think he is the coolest looking and I love the colour purple and black colour scheme. From the beginning after dumping out all the pieces to build Chi Razor, which there aren’t very many. The build only took around 10 to 15 minutes to build which is great for people that don’t have lot of time to spend build these and quickly lets you get into posing and messing around with the figure. With so few pieces I was surprised at the outcome of the figure it just looks absolutely fantastic. From head to toe Chi Razor looks great and I can’t hardly fault the figure. 


What made this figure my first and favorite choice wasn’t just the colour scheme it was the type of character it is and also the wing design on its back, which too looks amazing. The wings can be folded pretty easily and I’m sure everyone will found a pose that they love with this figure. What really helps with not just the posing of the wings but the entire figure as well is the number of articulation the figure has, which is something I love about this entire Lego series. I had plenty of fun simply posing Chi Razor in different poses. The head sculpt is also pretty cool and Chi Razor also comes with two Scythes for weapons. I have to say the Chi Razor looks like a pretty cool villain.

Razor fighting Eris
For me personally there are only two downsides to this figure one is that the mouth as no articulation to open and close, which is something that I have seen on one of the other figures in this set, but it is strangely not present in this figure. I feel that this figure could have benefited a little more if it did have that type of articulation. My gripe which you can’t see in any of these pictures is the back of the figure is pretty much left open. I mean there is nothing there. Whereas the front looks great the back just looks unfinished. A simple back piece would have been nice to cover that up like they did with some of the other figures in this set.
Good vs Evil Face off
With only two minor gripes this figure is still my favorite out of the six in this set.  I love the black and purple colour scheme and he looks like a great villain character. There is plenty of articulation and the figure doesn’t take long to put together. Any fan of these types of Lego build figures should look at picking these Legends of Chima figures up. They are pretty cheap to buy and at just £10 per figure you can’t really go wrong with them. Oh did I mention also that these figures can also be combined to create a somewhat powered up or fusion type character. 

 FINAL OPINION: AWESOME
             



Author: Hall0606
Meh!!! Bio about me what’s to know I’m a pure anime and gaming junkie nothing else matters. Never before have I ever written a gaming article, so this is pretty much a first time experience for me, so don’t blame me if things don’t turn out so good. “The Game is On” all though I’m only ever playing for fun. My favourite game genre is RPG but also enjoy First/Third person shooters, Hack and Slash and the occasional Beat ‘em up. Meh!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment